Friday, July 17, 2009

Apricot Flax Teething/Dog Biscuits




I have been making these raw teething biscuits for Abigail and she loves them. My Mom's dog Spot can't wait for her to drop them on the floor as he chomps them right up. So here is a great treat for your teething baby or your sneaky dog.



2 cups flax seeds, ground


1 cup dried apricots, soaked


1 cup or more fresh young coconut water


Blend all ingredients in food processor, adding coconut water to desired consistency. Place batter in small rounds on teflex sheets and dehydrate at 145 degrees F for 2 hours. Flip biscuits over and dehydrate at 115 degrees F for 4 hours more or until very hard. Stores for several weeks.


by Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine

2 comments:

  1. Question... do i store these in fridge, in air-tight container.... or in pantry?

    At what age did you offer to your daughter? My son is 8mths... do these break off in chunks... therefor better suited for babies who can chew?

    Thanks for posting... I LOVE this recipe!
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristi-

    I stored in the refrigerator and the pantry and they stayed firm either way. I gave to my daughter at 7 months and she is now 10 months old still knawing on them. They did not break in chunks, they just melted in her mouth. I have not had a problem with her chocking on any raw food.

    ReplyDelete