Monday, December 20, 2010

Curry Sweet Potato Soup with Spinach Curry Sweet Potato Soup
I made this amazing new soup. Okay, well I don't know if it is really amazing as I could not taste it, but lots of people tried it and really liked it, especially Cody. Now that I can't eat I am inspired in the kitchen. It was chilly the other day, so I whipped this up out of my head. Tell me what you think....
Curry Sweet Potato Soup w/ Spinach
1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
1 young coconut, meat and water
1/2 red bell pepper
2 tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp Nature's Cargo Sea Salt
1 tsp curry
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp each: cumin, turmeric and black pepper
1 - 1 1/2 cups spinach
Blend all the ingredients except the spinach in a Vitamix for 3 minutes until hot and creamy on high. Turn knob to low and add spinach and dial up until spinach is chopped into soup but not blended into the soup. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment